M|J Creative is a forward-thinking boutique design firm in Charlotte, NC, specializing in custom web design and content development. We are seeking to hire a digital marketing intern with strong knowledge, interest and understanding of the digital media landscape. This position will work both independently and directly with the owner of M|J Creative and play an active role in the development of our online communities.
This position is ideal for someone interested in furthering his or her education and experience in the world of digital marketing. This internship will provide exposure to various aspects of digital media including, but not limited to: social media, blogging, digital design, web design and content strategy & development. Candidate will be instrumental in increasing social media presence and visibility for the business and our clients.
Candidate must be enrolled in a degree program at an accredited academic institution as a rising Junior or Senior with a strong desire to learn. Candidate must be self-motivated, agile and possess an exceptionally strong attention to detail. A car is required and transportation is not provided. Work may be performed at both our South Charlotte office and offsite. This is a 3-month paid internship with a minimum commitment of 15 hours per week with the opportunity to continue employment at the end of the internship. This time commitment can be scheduled to accommodate academic requirements.
This internship will benefit someone who is interested in digital marketing, design, and/or brand development.
Skills & Abilities
- Detail-oriented, independent worker with the ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience using the Wordpress Content Management System and/or Squarespace.
- Assist and contribute to the development of content strategy for websites, blogs and social media networks (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest)
- Develop concepts for social media campaigns, research stories and write blog content appealing to a female-focused audience.
- Content scheduling and management of editorial calendars.
- Experience using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Design and execute strategies and engage core audiences across various social media platforms.
- Design and contribute to email marketing campaigns and newsletters.
- Perform research to find content relevant to target audiences and share on social networks in a manner that creates increased engagement.
- Update social media accounts with current and relevant photos and other written and visual content.
- A background in web and/or graphic design and experience with HTML/CSS is preferred but not required.